- Cher Scholar has been making her way through the Sonny & Cher shows.
- New Interview with Todd Grossman: a discussion of Cher's music from a professional classical musician.
- Read reviews of Cher's latest live show, Classic Cher
- To read the latest Cher news, visit the blog (updated weekly)!
What service does Cher Scholar provide?
Cher Scholar is not strictly a fan site or Cher news site. This is an opinion site, an exercise in pondering aspects of Cher product and Cher's influence on pop culture. This is a Cher Lab where you can find essays to prove (or disprove) that something creative and productive may come from a life of self-imposed Cher Scholarship.
Who is Cher Scholar?
Cher Scholar has pontificated academically on Cher theory for radio programs, college papers, The Philadelphia Enquirer and as former coordinator of games and seminars at The Cher Convention. Cher Scholar is also the editor of three Cher zines.
Cher Scholar has been a fan since 1974 at which time she started doing her homework on Cher by collecting albums and toys at the wee age of 5, eventually moving on to peruse library catalogs, old magazines and used record stores throughout high-school in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Cher Scholar started working on her many Cher theses during graduate writing studies at Sarah Lawrence College, writing about Cher critically as co-editor of the pop-culture humor magazine Ape Culture (apeculture.com) founded in 1998. Soon after, cherscholar.com (1999) was launched. Cher Scholar later honed her skills writing about pop culture topics on a defunt John Waite web forum in the mid-00s, an exercise which inspired her to create a Cher blog in late 2006 in order to continue anecdotal celebrity ponderings. Cher Scholar plans to continue her studies far into the next few decades of Cher history.
Get started with the Cher Scholar syllabus
- The Blog — for your weekly dose of Cher musings
- Homework — interactive ways to memorize Cher factoids
- Cher Texts — dissertations on various Cher product
- Ask Cher Scholar — both scholarly and personal questions
"A tribute zine in it's finest form. Touching and humorous writing from true fans of a cultural icon." -- Kristy Mangel, Zine Guide #6, Fall 2002
"A must for Cher fans." -- Anu Schnuck, Zine World #22 Supplement, Winter 2005
"This zine did the near-impossible for me, it made me care about Cher." -- Dann Lennard, Betty Paginated, April 2012
For Copies visit the Cher Scholar Etsy Zine Store.